GREAT SONGS DRAWN FROM ENTIRE CAREER AS RECORDINGS COME FROM SOLD OUT ACOUSTIC TOUR, MARKING BAND'S 10TH ANNIVERSARY
Irish trio Bell X1 will release a two-disc acoustic album on Friday, July 20 with songs recorded on a sold-out 2010 concert tour that took them across the USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, France, Holland and Germany, marking their tenth anniversary as a group.
Bell X1 soundman Phil Hayes captured the performances that make up 'Field Recordings' and also took the photographs depicting some of the unusual happenings out on the road. 'Field Recordings' also exhibits Noonan and David Geraghy's masterful songwriting. Bell X1 has released five multi-platinum albums in Ireland and 'Field Recordings' draws from their entire catalogue.
Ireland's Hot Press gave 'Field Recordings' an early rave review, calling the songs, "eloquent" and saying that the band is "at the peak of their powers." Hot Press continues, "Field Recordings' is an essential purchase for both fans and newcomers alike… It reminds you once again just what a great songwriter Paul Noonan is, with his carefully crafted miniatures about love and life."
Here is the embeddable track "In Every Sunflower."
Of the audio snapshots collected on 'Field Recordings,' Paul Noonan says, "With guitars, piano and an iPod, it was a very different take on the songs than what has ended up on the records – the three of us taking them back a few steps to how they were born in a lot of cases." Stripped to their core, the spine-tingling emotional impact and strength of the songs is taken to a new level. Noonan's singing also shows a new vulnerability, without losing the anthemic energy for which the band is known.
'Field Recordings' is available as a double CD with 15 photographs or a 40-page hardback photo book with over 40 shots as well as the CDs, numbered and limited to 400 copies. All iTunes purchases come with a downloadable PDF photo booklet.
Field Recordings Track Listing
- In Every Sunflower (Town Hall Theatre, Galway)
- Snakes & Snakes (Acoustic Room at The INEC, Killarney)
- Bad Skin Day (Leeuwenbergh Kerk, Utrecht)
- The Great Defector (Vicar Street, Dublin)
- Flame (Divan du Monde, Paris)
- Pinball Machine (Schuba's, Chicago)
- Light Catches Your Face (The Ark, Ann Arbor)
- Velcro (Vicar Street, Dublin)
- West of Her Spine (The Empire, Belfast)
- Built To Last (Swedish American Hall, San Francisco)
- Alphabet Soup (The Pavillion, Cork)
- Next To You (Zanzibar, Louisville)
- How Your Heart is Wired (Gruener Salon, Berlin)
- Just Like Mr Benn (Hotel Cafe, Los Angeles)
- Sugar High (The Brattle Theatre, Boston)
- Rocky Took A Lover (Le Poisson Rouge, New York)
- Eve, The Apple of My Eye (The Drake Hotel, Toronto)
- The Ribs of a Broken Umbrella (Bush Hall, London)
- Amsterdam Says (Amstel Kerk, Amsterdam)
- Slowset (Vicar Street, Dublin)
- I'll See Your Heart and I'll Raise You Mine | Goin' Back (DeBarras, Clonakilty)