Monday, July 13, 2015

“NOTORIOUS LIVE ACT” (ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY) THE STONE FOXES TO RIP THE ROOF OFF THE MINT JULY 30

FRONTMAN ON NEW VIDEO: “I’VE NEVER SCARED MYSELF WRITING A SONG BEFORE”

CONCERT PREVIEWS ’12 SPELLS’ ALBUM OUT SEPTEMBER 4 WITH EARLY RAVES FROM BULLET, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, THE WILD HONEY PIE, CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND

San Francisco rock and rollers The Stone Foxes will come down the coast for a raucous show at The Mint. The show previews new album ’12 Spells’ (September 4) consisting of new tracks the band has released the first Friday of each month. ’12 Spells’ spells the arrival of a major voice in rock and roll, after the Foxes’ opening slots for Social Distortion, ZZ Top, Cage the Elephant, and the Black Keys. Here’s an SF Weekly feature on the band, delving into its inspiration of social dissent such as the Occupy movement; and into frontman Shannon Koehler’s nearly a dozen open heart surgeries.

The Stone Foxes just released a new video for “I Want To Be You,” with frontman Koehler telling Bullet Media, “I’ve never scared myself after writing a song before, until this one. I saw a magazine with a dude who was ripped and looking quite svelte, and I thought, ‘Damn, I need to eat less rocky road.’ I started thinking about how fucked up it is when either women and men feel like they have to live up to the expectations set by magazines in the grocery aisle. Then I let my imagination run. What if a woman wanted to actually be the person on the magazine so bad that she stalked her, murdered her, and stole all of her fans and fame for eternity? I wanted to push the darkness of envy to the limit."

Consequence of Sound called The Stone Foxes “a distinct joy” and Entertainment Weekly praised their “frenetic energy.” The Wild Honey Pie said, “throwback garage heaven.”

As with all tour dates, the band will collect canned food at the door and donate it to a local food bank or homeless shelter.

WHO: rock & roll band The Stone Foxes
WHAT: ’12 Spells’ album preview concert
WHERE: The Mint, 6010 West Pico Blvd, LA
WHEN: 8pm, July 30, 2015
TICKETS: $12 in advance, $14 day of show, via the Mint box office.

No comments:

Post a Comment