Wednesday, March 14, 2012

JOAN WASSER OF JOAN AS POLICE WOMAN BRINGS "VIBRANT & POTENT APPROACH" TO BEAR ON MORLEY'S STUNNING ALBUM 'UNDIVIDED'

MORLEY'S NEW ALBUM OUT APRIL 3 WITH NYC & LA SHOWS COMING UP

Joan Wasser of Joan As Police Woman added Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, piano, electric violin, and vocals to Morley's album 'Undivided,' out April 3. Joan testifies to Morley's talent, "Morley takes this life -- the joy and love, pain and sorrow -- and purifies it in her songs. She is the real deal, able to make me cry at the drop of a hat. What most moves me is that she truly means it and that's all I ever want from a song."

Morley recalls, "Joan is masterful and fearless in the studio, she brought joyous vibrancy and deep honest contributions to the songs. It was exciting for me to share the space, she has a blazing focus that really allows an unfolding to happen in the music."

Wasser sang on "Love & Understanding"; played piano and electric violin on "On My Way"; Fender Rhodes on "Two of a Kind"; and played Wurlitzer and sang backing vocals on "Bear Song," a pensive song to a loved one who has passed away that shows off Morley's gorgeous alto.

Morley says, "I look up to her. She encouraged me so much early on. I think of her like a sister."

New Yorkers: Morley will celebrate the release of 'Undivided' with a concert at Joe's Pub, a venue she sold out in November, on April 7.

Los Angelinos: She will perform solo April 23 at Room 5.

Bostonians: She'll be at Johnny D's on May 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment